Autosomes Vs Sex Chromosomes:
Autosome refers to that chromosomes which does not comes under the category of Allosome. The member which belongs to the autosome pair in a diploid cell contains a same morphology. While in allosome pairs or Sex chromosomes have different structures in a diploid cell. But Autosomes does contains sexual determination genes even they does not belong to sex chromosomes and are quite different from each other.
Autosome refers to any chromosome which is not a sex chromosomes. Autosome is the opposite of allosome. The members of the autosome pair contains a same morphology in a diploid cell. While in Allocome pairs members have different structures in diploid cells. The DNA of autosomes is known as atDNA and auDNA.
Allosome also known as sex chromosome, heterotypical chromosome or idiochromosome refers to that chromosome that is completely different from ordinary autosome in its form size and behavior. Sex chromosome of an individual determine the sex of an individual which is created in sexual reproduction.
Main difference between Autosomes and Sex Chromosomes:
The following are some of the major differences between Autosomes and Sex Chromosomes.
- Autosomes usually determine somatic traits whereas on the other hand sex chromosomes usually determines the gender of the person.
- Both males and females have the same number of autosomes whereas on the other hand sex chromosomes are different in male and females in their size form and behavior.
- Autosomes are usually labelled in number i.e from 1 to 22 whereas sex chromosomes are usually labelled with letters such SY, XY, ZS etc.
- Most of the chromosomes in a genome are autosomes whereas few chromosomes in genome are sex chromosomes.
- In Autosomes the position of most of the chromosomes are identical whereas in sex chromosomes the position of chromosomes are not identical. s